Tuesday, January 4, 2011

And it starts....

.....the no sugar, no carb crash.  I went to the Fort today and felt like I was going to DIE during the workout.  A workout that I should have finished in 10 to 10:30, took me 11:30.  I know that doesn't sound like a long time to a non CrossFitter, but it's an eternity.  One of the things that gets me when trying to eat healthy is the down feeling that I get when I am weaning off of sugar, grains and bad carbs.  When I'm not at the Fort, I'm almost depressed.  I'm crabby and bitchy.  When I get to the Fort, I don't want to work out.  But I realize that I have to power through the feelings of weakness.  There's no room for weakness at the Fort.  Tonight, I didn't want to finish.  I wanted to stop.  But when Tommy Mo is sitting next to you telling you to jump farther and move faster, you can't stop!  He's yelling "Get that better body!" and even though all I can think about is falling down and crying, I keep going.  It's people like that at the Fort that keep me going back.  That's a whole other post in itself...

Today's workout was 7 rounds of (scaled to A):
6 burpees
6 - 5+ foot broad jumps
6 - 20 in. box jumps

As I said above, I really should have finished this in 10 to 10:30, but I finished in 11 min and 33 seconds.  I hated every second of it.

Today I ate about 2 oz. of summer sausage, a salad with chicken, avocado and goat cheese, and two pork chops.  It was a random food day. 

Now off to bed.  It's about an hour past my bed time.  One thing that I never have to worry about is getting enough sleep.  I always make sure to get in at least 7 hours. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm the worst about going to bed on time. Then I wonder why I don't want to get out of bed on time. Funny how that works.

    ReplyDelete