Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Perfect Meat

At night, I am so tired after CrossFit and eating dinner, that I just can't keep my eyes open long enough to put sentences together!  So, I've decided to do my blogging on my lunch break from now on.  Yep!  That's what I'm doing!

Last Friday I had a really bad food day.  When I say bad, I don't mean I ate too many almonds or too much dark chocolate...  I ate BAD.  I started off the day with a mocha from Starbucks and a lemon loaf (shout out to Nicole H.!  She's the only other person I know that is as obsessed with the lemon loaf as I am!!!), got to work and ate a gigantic Bears sugar cookie.  Since it was Bears/Packers game on Sunday, our CEO decided to order pizza for everyone, so I ate four pieces of pizza (thin crust, small squares...not that it matters).  Later in the day, my friend mentioned ice cream, next thing I know I have a blizzard in my hand!  Not a small, a medium....  With chocolate ice cream and oreos with mint.  My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it.  It was delicious.  Needless to say, I was jacked up for the remainder of the day.  I got to the Fort, and had an awesome workout.  I even did pull ups on the purple band for the first time and knocked out three!  I could have done more, but I was so excited I stopped!  Not to mention that I have sweaty hand syndrome and I was scared I was going to fall off the bar, as usual.  Hopefully I'll have a cure for that one day because chalk just isn't enough.  After all that food and a workout, I was still hungry so I went home and had a good paleo meal...Jennie's pork tenderloin and sweet potatoes.  I've been pretty good ever since!  I guess faltering once in three weeks isn't all that bad...  Once the BBC (Better Body Challenge) starts, there will be 10 weeks of meat, greens and water! 

I decided earlier last week that I was going to go to the OLY class and Team Saturday.  I am out of yoga classes, and I can't renew right now.  My exercise habit has become a little on the expensive side.  I guess it's better than most habits!  Needless to say, I wanted to workout on Saturday so I went to the Fort.  I walked in, and Steph looks at me and says---Alicia, you know it's Saturday, right???--- There is one simple reason that I don't normally go to Team Saturday, and that's because I'm scared shitless.  Saturday you work in teams and try to win a belt.  It's a silly plastic belt, but it means something to us Forters.  You will work so much harder on Saturday than you do during the week because other people are counting on you to win that belt.  I was paired with three great guys, and we all played off each others strengths.  We didn't win, but we weren't last.  In fact, we were right in the middle.  I was super happy with that!  I ended up doing 107 kettle bell swings in 4 minutes, and I haven't been able to lift my arms above my head since!  I think that I'll go back to Team Saturday next week=)! 

Jennie gave me another new recipe to try, and just like everything else she's given me to try, it was amazing.  Take a three pound tip roast and cover it with Jennie's mixture of spices and olive oil.  Roast it in a pan at 350 degrees for one hour and TA DA!!!!  Perfect meat!  This meat deserves a picture! 

3 comments:

  1. Your meat looks LOVELY! And I'm glad we didn't scare you away from further Team Saturdays. I LOVE the team workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you did exceptionally well the day after you porked out...hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so happy to see your face on Saturday...let's make that a more regular occurance! : )

    ReplyDelete