Thursday, January 6, 2011

Egg Muffins, YES PLEASE!!

Every day gets better than the last.  I'm starting to snap out of my crabbiness and into a better state of mind.  I'll beat this sugar detox!  No doubt about it.  It's amazing how things affect you differently the older you get.  I remember when I was 18-19 and working for a roofing company, on average I would eat 4 donuts for breakfast, McDonald's or some other fast food for lunch, a couple candy bars for snacks, then drink my dinner.  I believe that Old Style was my beer of choice back then.  Gross.  I didn't gain a pound or feel terrible.  Now, I look at a beer and gain 6 pounds!  Not to mention the donuts and McDonald's which would add another 13 pounds!  Getting older isn't bad, it's great in fact.  We just have to learn to roll with the punches and realize that our bodies don't function like they used to when we were 18.  At 25, I started to realize the change in my body.  The weight gain that came along with my lifestyle.  At 29, I realize that I need to exercise and eat clean if I want to look like I want to look and feel like I want to feel....and I want to feel and look like I did when I was 18. 

I suck at cooking...  I'm on my way to learning with the help of a very special person in my life (my coach Jennie)!  Tonight, two of my girlfriends came over so I could coach them on their interviewing skills.  I am so excited that they both have interviews coming up!!  Being in recruiting for five years, I figured I would cook them some snacks, feed them some wine, and go over the essentials of how to succeed in an interview.  It was fun!!  I made Paleo Egg Muffins!  Jennie mentioned these muffins to me several months ago, but I never tried to make them.  I looked up a recipe online and they turned out great!  In the food processor, I chopped bacon, spinach and tomatoes.  I added that to 12 beaten eggs and put 1/4 cup in muffin tins.  They were really good!!  Not great because I'm not a huge fan of eggs, but it was nice to learn how to make something different and easy.  Sometimes I get a little sick of eating just meat. 

Speaking of eating, today I had:
50 almonds (2 oz.)
2 Italian sausages
5 Egg Muffins (equivalent of about 3-4 eggs)

Today I rested.  I worked out 4 times in three days and I felt that my body needed a rest.  I'll be back at it tomorrow!  I'm super excited to work out next week.  I'm already feel better from my sugar/carb detox and I can feel that by Monday I'll be 100%!!! 

Good night all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment