Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Weekend of Food!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me start out by saying that I do NOT cook.  Never.  I am lucky that Charlie likes to cook so I can't mess anything up and we can actually eat!  This weekend, that all changed.  Friday night I cooked dinner for my mom, my sister Andrea, and Charlie.  Saturday I cooked dinner for friends and Charlie, and tonight I tried two friends recipes and they were a great success!  Not to mention, everything I made was Paleo!  I'm pretty stoked about my newly found talent.  I guess good recipes go a long way!! 

Friday night I went to the Fort and did an AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of:
Double Unders (I substituted single unders) and snatches (27 kilos)
Four minutes of rest
AMRAP burpees and pullups

I felt great with my snatches and jumping rope, but I still can't get the frickin burpees.  Hannah and Tommy Mo were showing me how to throw myself on the ground so I can do them faster, but that is going to take some time and practice for me!

Saturday morning I started out with three hours of yoga...yes, three hours.  I took two classes at Total Body Yoga with my friend Kristin.  I had different instructors for each classes, and luckily they both felt it necessary to focus on hip flexibility and stretching.  At CrossFit, being able to "pop" your hips, and open them up is necessary for so many movements.   Having pain and lack of flexibility in my hips is something that I struggle with, and ever since I started yoga my pain is gone and I am comfortable doing movements at CF that I wasn't as comfortable with before.  For me, the combination of CF and yoga has been more than amazing. 

I am going to try and remember everything I ate this weekend to share!  Hopefully I can!  I ate several things on more than one occasion.  Remember, all I have eaten this weekend has been Paleo!!
Ribs (thanks Jennie!)
Meatloaf (thanks Brad!)
Steak (twice!)
Smashed Cauliflower with lots of butter (twice!)
Sweet Potato Chips
Egg Muffins
1/2 Turkey Burger (homemade)
A few glasses of red wine
Coconut ice cream (only a few bites because I wasn't a fan)

I don't think I'm forgetting anything!

Last night I went to bed around 12:30 and for some reason I didn't get out of bed until 12:15 pm this morning.  I don't know what that was all about, but I haven't done that in forever....well, when I'm hung over that's normal, but I wasn't!  I think that my body is still transitioning to fueling off of fat instead of sugar and I'm a little drained.  I'm excited to see what this week brings!!

2 comments:

  1. Way to hang tough this weekend and keep the trash out of arms reach! And, congrats on your new found talent in the kitchen.

    Tomorrow starts a new week of opportunity for you. Of course more opportunity to work on the burp-dogs too. Also, I will show you the ghd as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great!! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete