Monday, January 10, 2011

There's No Crying at CrossFit!!!!

Sometimes there are days when you just aren't in it to win it...  Today was one of those days for me.  I'm still not feeling quite myself since I started eating Paleo, but I'm not going to use that as an excuse.  Today's WOD at the Fort was "Isabel".  Isabel is 30 snatches for time.  I started out with 30 kilos, and after the 17th snatch I had to take 3 kilos off to finish.  My form is super shitty due to my height and my inflexibility, so those two factors along with my tiredness, I sucked.  After I dropped the 3 kilos, it only took me about 45 seconds to do the last 12 snatches.  It's amazing how heavy 6.6 pounds can be!  After I finished, I was in tears.  There's only one other workout that does that to me, and I don't even want to write it's name because it's EVIL!  PURE EVIL!!  Then I thought, there's no crying at CrossFit!  I can always try again and improve the next time.

Ok...  Enough with my sob story.  I'm doing great with my food intake.  I haven't had any cravings at all.  When I am in the mindset that I need to eat clean, I eat clean.  It's all or nothing with me.  Today I ate:
1 Polish sausage
1.5 cups smashed cauliflower with butter
3 slices Paleo meatloaf
3 oz. flank steak
25 almonds

I'm still not feeling 100% myself.  I was hoping this week I would feel amazing, but it's taking a little longer than I want it to.  All I can do is think about the future, and what is to come.  Better body, better performance at the gym, and better overall health. 

6 comments:

  1. Alicia you shouldn't feel bad about dropping the weight in the workout. You did great by pushing yourself to go heavier than you may have been comfortable, but that's how we get stronger, right? You need to push yourself out of your comfort zone, and I should be pushing myself just as hard as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to do this to ya, but your form isn't shitty because of your height. It's that way only because of inflexibility...being a tall person myself I know how hard it is to get that bar overhead and under it enough to lock it out.

    That said, the tall person's advantage is in the pull and the shrug in the lift. I've been able to increase my depth a lot on the snatch, but the biggest help for me, was getting a more explosive jump, pull, & shrug. That way, the bar is moving quicker and getting higher so that I don't have to get ass-to-ankles on it.

    Your flexibility will meet you half way in this movment so keep working on it, but instead of your height and flexibility, overcome both right now by getting a better pull and shrug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As luck would have it, you were the only person whose WOD weight I guessed incorrectly. :-) You have to give yourself props for getting through 17 reps at 30kg's though. What's your single rep max?? Just over 30kg's?? NOTHING to cry about!

    Everyone's form breaks down during that workout just because of fatigue. I wouldn't say you have shitty form. You just need to work on getting your butt down in your setup, and not letting your back round as you pull from the floor. Next snatch day we have, I want you to practice coming off the floor SLOWLY and not exploding until you're at mid-thigh. I think that would help.

    HUGS! You're doing GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brad I totally agree with you that I suck because I'm not flexible, but the other part is my form. Just like everything else, it's a work in progress!

    Thanks for everything you do for me Jennie. You're my rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mean that you suck because of flexibility...I hope that didn't come out the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! Don't be silly!! I know that you didn't mean that! We'll have to sit down and chat one day so you that we understand each other's personalities! I was just saying that I am inflexible and it totally sucks! It's something that I'm really working on. Your comment didn't come out the wrong way at all! Please don't think that!

    ReplyDelete