Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WTF is that?!?!?!

I worked out twice tonight.  Second work out was for Warrior Women Wednesday, and Jennie tells us that we are going to be learning how to do Turkish Get Ups.  WTF is a Turkish Get Up?!?!?!  I can't explain it, so here's a You Tube video of some dude doing one with a person:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDQUlshxO_8.  We did them with kettle bells, and it's actually pretty complicated to do.  Too much thinking about what foot goes where and when.  The first Wednesday of the month has become my favorite day of the month because I get to work out with all the girls!  It's a blast!  There's more dancing than working out though...which is awesome. 

My mood wasn't any better today than yesterday, and this carb/sugar detox is taking its toll on me.  I was still super tired and cranky.  Going to the Fort is the only thing that cheers me up for the last few days!  I'm looking forward to next week when I feel awesome and this has passed. 

Food for the day:
3 chicken breasts
1 cup greens with olive oil
1 oz. almonds
1 Polish sausage

I'm drinking water like nobody's business.  I'm so thirsty lately!  Hopefully I'm ridding my body of the toxins I've put in for the last few months.  I went to bed early last night, but couldn't fall asleep.  Tonight I'm going to bed super early in hopes I will fall asleep asap.  Good night!

2 comments:

  1. It's really an interesting movement, isn't it? When I was first intro'd to it at the Fort I was like "how the hell is this even worthwhile?" and then the silly thought of "wait? how the hell is this even working out?"

    Then, I was told to triple the weight we used. Okay, NOW I get it! :)

    It's an invaluable movement that will surely help you in your troublesome areas (e.g. Toes to bar) as it takes core strength to truly do a solid TGU.

    Congrats on holding solid on the "no sugar" weening. We talked about this yesterday and while we have somewhat different approaches - due to different goals perhaps - we're rowing together in the same boat. You'll pull through - hopefully without chasing Charlie around the house with a butcher knife either. :)

    You're doing great. Keep your eye on the prizes you seek as part of your fortune:

    - Feel better
    - Improved health
    - Look good naked

    You'll be there before you know it. All I ask is that when you reach said fortune and your confidence is high, leave the naked part at home. It's a bit of a distraction and somewhat of a hazard to lift heavy things along side naked chicks. I most likely wouldn't PR and that would upset me. :)

    I know, I'm a bit of grouch sometimes aren't I? Perhaps it's because of my sugar detox too.

    Great work so far chickee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy thank you always for encouraging me. I don't think that you're gouchy at all!! Working out with you Tuesday was great! I don't get the honor of working out with you very often! I was really feeling shitty so it was greatfor me to hear you pushing me to keep going. I need that during these times!

    I can promise you that I will not be walking around the Fort naked...well, at least not during the winter! I also promise not to chase Charlie around with a knife! He is in the midst of his sugar detox too, and he is crabbier than I am! I'm tired and drained, and he's crabby... It's not a good combo! I'm excited for it to be next week. Usually after about seven to ten days of this lifestyle, I feel back to normal! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete