Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lesson of the Day: How to Piss Off Your Coworkers

Oh boy, did I foul up at work today!  No pun intended....  Sticking to my Paleo diet, I brought pork tenderloin and cauliflower for lunch.  I snacked on the pork in the morning, and come lunch time I wanted to eat my cauliflower.  As I'm in the kitchen heating up my cauliflower, I noticed people walking by and looking at me funny.  I'm thinking, "WTF are they looking at?"  I walk out of the kitchen, and people are following me asking me what I made because it smells like dirty diapers, toilets backed up in the bathroom, a garbage dump.  Before I know it, people from all over the very large building I work in are calling me to complain about the stink!  My Director of Administration even called me to tell me I was fired.  Luckily, she's also a good friend of mine so she said I could stay if it never happened again.  Needless to say, that will never happen again.  NO CAULIFLOWER AT WORK! 

I was feeling very tired today.  It's the time of the month where I feel warn down (is that a good way of saying it??) for a few days.  I am taking a rest day tomorrow so I went to the Fort to workout for the third day in a row.  We worked on back squats for the strength, and I set a new PR (personal record) for myself!  Yay!  The workout was box jumps and kettle bell swings.  Even though I was feeling tired, I decided to use the 16 kilo kettle bell (35.2 pounds) even though I typically use the 12 kilo.  One of my goals was to start using that kettle bell, and I won't look back!  Box jumps blow, but I used the 20 inch box as prescribed.  I want to stick with the 16 kilo kettle bell and the 20 inch box from here on out.  I can't let myself digress.  WAIT!  I just realized that I did a CF workout prescribed!  It was an easy one to do, but I did it!

3 comments:

  1. Alicia.. My principal and his wife joined crossfit
    Their names are Stacey and Cam Willis
    Keep an eye out, they are great people! So nice and personable.. Maybe you will see them?
    They are doing Paleo too! I told them I would belong if it wasn't so expensive.. Ugh! Some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whole pissing off the co-workers thing used to happen to me when I would bring salmon in for lunch....talk about something that doesn't smell good in the microwave!!!! YIKES!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mags I will look out for them!!!

    ReplyDelete