Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 1 - Paleo...UGH

As I sit here finishing my 1/2 pound of ground beef, and watching my three pork chops cook in the fat from my ground beef, I wonder...how in god's name am I going to get through this!  Again!  If I never would have fallen off of the wagon in the first place, this wouldn't be so damn hard.  It's my own damn fault.  My sugar withdrawals won't hit me until Wednesday or Thursday, so hopefully tomorrow is going to be a good day.  It'll be my first day back at work since Tuesday of last week.  Work is the devil for my diet, especially around the holidays.  I'm truly hoping that all of our suppliers and vendors will not be bringing in anymore cookies, cakes, brownies, candy, bagels or donuts for us to eat. 

I started off good today!  I had seven slices of really thick cut bacon around noon.  That kept me full all day, until I got home from the Fort (my CrossFit gym) and running errands.  So now, as previously stated, I am finishing my half pound of 85/15 ground beef.  I hate eating this late, but it is what it is!  At least I didn't cheat!

Today at the Fort I PRed (personal record) for snatching.  Go me!  WOD (workout of the day) was a bitch.  I scaled to option A which was 3 rounds of 8 knees to elbows, 12 pull ups and 16 kettle bell swings.  I sucked....big time.  I just can't get the knees to elbows!!  One day!  Something else to accomplish in 2011!

6 comments:

  1. Who are you and what did you do with my friend? Just kidding! So proud of you, your motivation and can't wait to see you meet your goals! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you Alicia with your badass Snatch PR! Great way to start out the new year and your re-commitment to your nutrition. As a former challenge winner, you have the advantage and experience.s of both you and Charlie to dial it in and put it all back together.

    No doubt you will do just that.

    K2e are obviously not easy. It's core strength and flexibility for starters. Target those two areas and you'll see gradual improvement. Some additional pre or post mobility (your yoga should aid here too) several times per week will surely help. For core and flexibility, make it a point to meet my buddy the GHD upstairs at the fort. He's a relentless piece of machine but he'll work your core something sick. Start small and drizzle more in basedon how you feel.

    Cool you are keeping a blog like others. I agree that it heightens personal accountability.



    So great that you

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, i am normally not that illiterate looking. Damn iPad wigged out on me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alicia, It is Andrea down in FL. You are not the only one who fell of the healthy wagon so don't beat yourself up to bad. I to have to start over again. Why do we do this to ourselves? Well like you said at least we are back at it and one day we will find the way to stay strong through the holidays! Keep up the good work. :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your support!!

    Tommy,
    We need to speak about this GHD that you mentioned. I don't know what that is, but I need to get after it quick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, just found this! Looking forward to keeping up with ya and 2011 is going to be a great year for all of us! Congrats on turning 30 this year. It's not as bad as everyone says. Hell, I turn 36 this year and feel better than ever!!!

    ReplyDelete