Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Burpees: The Mortal Enemy

Let me start out by saying that I hate burpees.  For those of you who don't know what burpees are, check them out: burpees.  They are probably the most horrific movement that we do at CrossFit as far as I'm concerned.  They are hard, taxing on muscles and cardio, and just plain awful.  Our workout was three rounds of:
7 pull ups
14 burpees
21 sit ups
Because I suck so bad at burpees, I decided to scale the workout to 7/11/15.  I'm super glad that I did because this workout took me a long time. 

Strength workout was deadlifts.  I felt pretty awesome deadlifting yesterday, which surprised me because I was pretty sore from Monday night.  I did more reps at 75 kilos (165lbs.) than I've ever been able to.  Hopefully I'll be moving my single rep max from 85 to 90 kilos in a few months! 

I've been eating great also.  My energy levels have stayed up, and I feel great working out (with the exception of burpees of course!).  I've been starting my day with an apple and almond/flaxseed butter and sticking to proteins for lunch and dinner.  Not too much going on with me other than that!  Looking forward to a rest night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment